Wednesday 8 February 2006

little acorns

Took my monkey to the library today.

Like most young monkeys, he was a little louder than I would have liked, but he loves the globe there, so I was able to settle him pretty quickly. He shows me Nova Scotia every time we go, beaming. (He's always wrong, but should be able to point out Cuba and Japan very soon.)
There was a huge display of Valentines Day books. Huge. Red and white hearts everywhere. He poked around while I hurried up and down the stacks, finding my books. He was ready to go when I got back to the Children's Corner.
He laid them out on one of the tables back there. He had picked out three.
  • Clifford's Thanksgiving
  • Franklin's Visit with Otter
  • The Littlest Witches Halloween

Yup. My boy. A mass of Valentine's books, and he finds two from holidays gone by.

He enjoyed them 'tremenjously' tonight, too.

*It should probably be noted here that m'boyo doesn't read yet (although he's getting good at picking out the letters.)

1 comment:

Suburban Turmoil said...

Ahhh, I love taking my baby to the library. This week, it's all about "Mouse books!" We somehow ended up with three books featuring talking mice. So at least twenty times a day now, I get "Mouse books! Mouse books! Mouse books!"

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...