1. I love pretty linens. I was lucky I married someone who is comfortable enough in his masculinity to realize that flowered sheets and high thread counts? Get me hot.
2. The dog is named after Hugh Laurie.
3. I struggle constantly with talking before I think. The good side is that my shoes fit fine when they've been in my mouth for awhile.
4. I blog about almost everything, although since I found out my grandmother is a regular reader, I've stopped talking about my sex life.
5. I am happiest reading or taking photographs, especially with my gorgeous and divine children.
6. I would dearly love to have a third child, but it's probably not in the cards.
7. Right now I have four jobs. Ward Clerk, Secretary for my church (Yes, I am the professional Church Lady), I work for Statistics Canada, and I'm a Secret Shopper. I love all these things, and figure that between the four? I'll see everyone in this town somewhere between birth and death.
8. All these things plus having a family is exhausting sometimes. I still love it, although if anyone could slip me a few extra hours of sleep somewhere? I'd be your slave for life.
9. The gorgeous and divine children do NOT share my love of sleep. The G & D Two would like to be up all day and all night, frankly, and despite my weeping protests continue to insist that I get up in the morning and do unreasonable things like interact with them and pour them cereal.
10. Actually, it's not that bad. I've had recurring insomnia most of my adult life.
Three am is a lovely time for reading.
11. I read a LOT. Right now I'm in the middle of a haunting book called Little Bee. The one before that I loved too - Bird By Bird.
12. I was really excited about the election. I'm still an American citizen, so I can say (with pride!) I helped elect the latest president.
13. I'd love to take my kids to some of the places where I went when I was growing up. It gives me a lump in my throat to think they probably won't ever go to Mackinac Island, or watch the Cherry Parade, or even see the school I went to. This country I live in is beautiful and wonderful and amazing, but I think everyone wants to share things from their childhood with their children.
14. I'm not sure my brother and I will ever get back the relationship we once had.
15. I have a love-hate thing going on with my hair. When it's short, I let it grow long, once it's long, I hate it and chop it off. I feel a cut coming on....
16. Holy crap, this is hard.
17. I talk to my mother at least once a week. My Dad and I are better with e-mail.
18. My mother and I usually get along - unless we talk about politics. Then there are rolling eyes and we both talk circles around each other until we have to abruptly change the subject before someone explodes.
19. I quit smoking twelve years ago, and I still catch a whiff once in awhile and think wistfully about the days when I used to drive the highways with the windows open, smoking.
20. But I really don't miss the bronchitis I got at least once every year while I was lighting up.
21. I don't watch any reality tv. Instead, I watch reruns of NCIS, House, Private Practice, and Stargate Atlantis.
22. Dora the Explorer drives me up the fricking wall. So does Max and Ruby. Guess what two shows my daughter loves? Yeah. I usually try to delay drinking any coffee until she's watched her show - that way I can doze and not register every time Dora SCREAMS something or be bothered by the way Max and Ruby are orphans and probably squatters on someone else's property.
23. I used to think I'd love to go to Africa, but now I'm relatively certain I'd step on a snake or get eaten by a lion. I won't go see the ball drop in Times Square for the same reason.
24. Last summer I had a terrific vacation where I took off by myself, visited my dad and step-mum, then went to a blogging convention for a few days. It was the most fun (and the most wine!) I've had in a long time.
25. I would love to be craftier, but really? I get bored quickly.
Oh! And I missed my anniversary - but I've been blogging for four years!! Still no end to the drivel I want to tell you about....