Thursday 4 June 2009

thursday night intermission

It has been a BANG-UP, FANTABULOUS day.

First, I went to do the last fluoride treatment of the school year - and scored a free toothbrush. Free stuff - not to be sneezed at.

While I was there, Cass's (very lovely and fabulous) teacher came scooting up to me in the hall and let me know that my boy, my just-getting-out-of-first-grade-won't-be-in-second-until-the-fall boy, is reading at a grade 4.5 level. This makes the bookish part of me sing with happiness.

Then I didn't have to get naked at the ladybits doctor. Although having conversations with him while I'm fully clothed and not staring at the ceiling? Really, really strange.

And after some whirlwind working and driving and working again, I came home to both kids riding their two-wheelers, swooping around with abandon in the waning summer light, and then, to top it all off.....Bear made supper.

And dessert was a make-your-own sundae bar. Really, can it get any better than that?


I don't think so.

7 comments:

Kristin said...

It sounds like you had a great day, particularly the sundae bar ending.

OvaGirl said...

yeah...that's perfect.

Jen on the Edge said...

What a terrific day!

Unknown said...

What a great day!

mamatulip said...

AWESOME.

All of it.

Chantal said...

sounds pretty amazing to me :)

Loth said...

Fabulous day. And I know what you mean about the reading: I get a warm glow every time I see the boys with book in hand and books are the only thing I don't constantly nag them to TIDY AWAY FOR PITY'S SAKE BEFORE I KILL YOU AND EAT YOUR KIDNEYS!!!!!

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...