Tuesday 30 June 2009

now THAT's entertainment

Nothing like choking on your popcorn:


  • The Slap Chop. Brought to you by the same oddball that screams about the ShamWow. Watch for the bit (:55) when he says 'You're going to love my nuts.' 'Scuse me? That's a little forward, isn't it?


  • Cass and I went and saw Transformers II. It was wonderful and muscle-y and lots of robotics and explosions and the plot was every bad thing critics are saying about it. There was one point where the souls of the machines (???) talk to the hero at a gauzy cloudlike crucial plot point and I think I snorted aloud. The plot doesn't quite hang together, but the whole thing was absolutely joyous in its execution of every single small boys' dream - I had no problem picturing the grown writers of the film all hunkered down on the floor playing with the toys from their childhoods and then using every single battle scene they loved. Worth the money to go and see - if only for the way the smaller ones in the audience forget to blink after awhile - but you'll probably get a kick out of it too.

  • And the latest thing the kids are crazy about is Kidz Bop - pop songs sung by children. I would probably enjoy this more if I could hear over the grinding of my teeth if it didn't remind me of cheap record albums hawked on tv when I was growing up. Anyone else remember K-tel?





6 comments:

Nicole said...

Yeah, the weirdo that does the ShamWOW and the Slap Chop infomercials? His name is Vince and he was arrested awhile back for beating a hooker he hired.

True story:http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0327092sham1.html

Woman in a Window said...

I am soooooo EXCITED about my life now...slapchop!

No thanks for big celestial robotics but good on you for going and enduring.

alison said...

I remember K-Tel. I remember being blown away by the thought of being able to have an album with 10 different songs by 10 DIFFERENT BANDS! Without having to put on 10 different 45 singles. Oh, the luxury. I realize I was way before my time, since I thought it would be good to start a business that would make records to order -- you know you'd send a list of songs you like and they'd send back an album with those songs. Geeeeenius. Of course a few years later we were all making mixed tapes, and now we have iTunes. But for one brief shining second, I saw the future....

mamatulip said...

K-Tel produced the Mini-Pops, right? I'm very familiar with the Mini-Pops. LOL!

That SlapChop infomercial is wack. So is the guy doing it, the ShamWow guy. Totally creepy.

M&Co. said...

So they Transformers movie isn't scary? We've not gone yet because I needed to get a mother's POV about whether it would be too scary for the BoyChild.

Silly Bus said...

It is a very nice and good post. Keep up the good work.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...