Monday 1 June 2009

life among the beasties

Cass's class went to Ross Farm last week, and I went along, bemused at the number of people who recoiled when I admitted I'd never gone before. 'But....you've never been?'

Well, no. But he's only a first-grader! And I didn't grow up here, remember? (Now if you want to talk about Mackinac Island, I'm your girl....)

Anyway. Gorgeous place. Even if you're the unlucky kid with the Mom who keeps forgetting to pack snacks.












Cass loved it so much he wants to go back this summer. But this time, with snacks.

13 comments:

michelle said...

i have never been to ross farm and i've lived in nova scotia for 33 years! these pictures make me want to go, though ... looks like a great spot. :)

Jen on the Edge said...

It's so lovely.

Anonymous said...

I love visiting farms, and historic farms are all the better. BEAUTIFUL shots.

witchypoo said...

Last time I was there, I bought a barrel with a lid, and used it to hold the big garbage bags. Worked a treat for many years.

Suzanne said...

Beautiful.

Now I know who to call if I ever get up to Macinaw!

Chantal said...

I just volunteered to go on a class trip with D next week. Then I remembered that I have to make lunch and snacks for him and ME! I am eating all of the time. I may just need a pack sack just for our food! :)

mamatulip said...

Hey, motherbumper took her kid to the farm yesterday and didn't pack her a lunch. So you're not the only one. ;)

Anonymous said...

We are gonna make a country girl out of you yet LOL
the crazy chef

Ree said...

Beautiful, yes.

motherbumper said...

Like MamaTulip said: SNACKS ARE OVERRATED (and in a pinch, roast a lamb or cow... WHAT?)

I love Ross Farm *sigh*

Woman in a Window said...

That's the kinda place I want to live.

mare ad mare said...

Looks fun - love the old school snowshoes!

Loth said...

I've never been either, and I've covered a heck of a lot of ground in Nova Scotia over the years. Maybe this year........

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...