Saturday 26 May 2007

dust to dust

I'd forgotten all about the damned porcupine.

What do we need? Bread, milk, better see if they have any of that corn-on-the-cob....

When all of a sudden there was a shout from the back.

'Mommy! That's disGUSting!'

and I looked over to where C was pointing to see THE BIGGEST CROW IN THE WORLD flying off with.....with.....

Porky To Go. Or pieces of.


Amidst my (fumbling) explanations of how the crow thought of the porcupine as food and wasn't being mean or nasty and how this was a natural thing, C looked faintly nauseous and nodded. 'Okay, Mom." he said. 'But I don't want lunch.'

Right. No fried chicken. How about some (nice, safe, non-dead) peanut butter, hey?

5 comments:

kimmyk said...

Always good to get it in perspective every now and then. Of course visuals always help too.

I wish I could be/were a vegetarian.

Sarah Louise said...

I really need to incorporate PB&J back into my life.

The facts of life...

and my vw has the letters vw in it!

velcro said...

Truthfully? Ughh! I make a terrible vegie and an even worse vegan.
Mmmmm PB&J sarnies or even better on toast. Yummm!

meggie said...

Once my Granddaughter asked if the meat was really a pig's leg. When we told her it was/had been, she was horrified...but she kept on eating!

beagle said...

I wanna come be a member of your family!

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...