Tuesday 21 March 2006

frankie said relax

The radio at work was set on an All-Eighties station, and we played 'Do You Remember This Song?' all day. I can't believe how much eighties crap I have burned into my brain. Even worse, I remembered a lot of the videos. (And what I wore to the concerts, but that's stuff I try to squash back into my subconscious)

Can someone explain to me how I can remember all the words to songs I haven't heard since high school, and forget to buy milk on the way home? And why is the memory of Herb Alpert's 'Rocket' video taking up brain cell space? Wouldn't that space be better used for...reminding me of day-to-day functions, like stop at the store, Jessica, you're out of milk?

It's a wonder I haven't forgotten where I live, with all this decades-old stuff washing around in there.

***************************

It also appears I've lost a post. Blogger said mmmm, chomp chomp.

8 comments:

Washington Crunchy Mama said...

I've wondered that same thing!!!

Joke said...

BTW, I thought Rocket was Herbie Hancock's.

-J., aged

Major Bedhead said...

It was Herbie Hancock. And it was Rockit. Talk about useless knowledge taking up space. It's great for Trivial Pursuit, but honestly, what purpose will it serve me to know all the lyrics to Lips Like Sugar by Echo & The Bunnymen?

Blogger's pissing me off no end lately. Slow, crashed, pain in the arse thing. But it's free and I'm all about free. Plus, I'm too lazy to switch everything over.

Shinny said...

You are so not alone in having a brain full of useless information. I also, forget what I have just left the house for in the 5 minutes it takes to get to the store. I am turning into the queen of lists due to my memory loss.
I am so very glad I found your blog, now I know I am not the only one with these thoughts out here or with these "full brain" issues. I carry a little notebook in my purse now just in case. ;)

Joke said...

Julia,

If you know the lyrics to The Killing Moon, I'll be WAY impressed.

-J.

Angewl said...

ohhh.... but I loved the 80's. That was so my decade! Maybe it has to do with being young and skinny? nah... loved the music and the clothes. Yes, I admitted it!!! I even had the perm so I could look like Jon Bon Jovi. sigh..... those were the days....

Jess said...

Terrific - so now it's official - My head is full of crap I will never need again.....and to make it worse, it's selective crap....

Herb Alpert indeed.

Major Bedhead said...

Joke - I do. I thought that was an 80s standard.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...