Sunday 19 August 2007

nothing cures the blues better *edited*

Bath time tonight was a wild and woolly affair - the kids were half-worn out with sunshine and running outside and sloshing each other was screamingly fun....

Until C got a face-full and bumped his head on the side of the tub.

Usually, Cass can handle the lumps and bumps. He's a Big Boy. But half-worn out and hyped up, he burst into fragile tears and demanded a hug and the duck towel in rapid succession.

I was petting and soothing when he turned his wet head into my shoulder and blew out a shuddery breath right into my skin.

A huge b-r-r-r-r-a-tttt! noise filled the air. Rosey's jaw dropped. Cass went absolutely still.

Then he burst into peals - no, howls - of laughter. And did it again. And again. And again.

By the time I chased them off to bed, he had taught R to zerbert too, and they were both trying it out on their arms, legs, feet, hands.....

and not a mention of his goose egg.

**edited to add: R just padded downstairs, slid onto my lap and zerberted me again. Except she calls it I tooting on you wif' my mouf'! all gleeful grins and belly chuckles.

I go off to work tomorrow and the kids stay with B all day. Think I should warn him?

8 comments:

Angewl said...

No way! Don't warn him. let him experience that all on his own. I am sure it will be priceless.

velcro said...

you'll get home to find he's taught them to armpit burp the alphabet you know!

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope you didn't warn him...

Unknown said...

DO NOT WARN HIM!!! I REPEAT DO NOT WARM HIM! You'll get home to lots of funny stories that way.

beagle said...

Nah . . . a surprise makes for a better reaction!

:-)

meggie said...

Hee hee, hope he liked the surprise!

Stomper Girl said...

Gosh there's nothing like a toot noise to put a smile back on your face.

My float said...

Tooting noises can make everything better!

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...