Wednesday 30 November 2005

going out

At work, two of the company's representatives from Europe are here for meetings. They're both good-looking guys (Cute! with accents! I swoon.) and I realized the other day after meeting them how much I miss dating. The flirting, the wondering - the newness of it all. I used to go out on dates that would start after work and end around sunup, with both of us logy from learning all this new information about each other, and exhausted (but wide-eyed) from cigarette smoke and too many cups of diner coffee.

No, I don't want to trade in my husband. Not at all.

Somewhere in between the first time I saw him and having our second baby, though, I think we figured each other out. There isn't a lot of newness anymore. Which is terrific for coming home to, but makes me miss that far-off single past of mine.

3 comments:

Major Bedhead said...

I totally get it.

Mark and I never dated. We went from online flirting to coming for a visit to moving in with me permanently. We dated AFTER we got married. It's weird.

Cat, Galloping said...

i've known my husband for 8.5 years (married for over 6) and the only thing i miss about dating is first kisses... no more first kisses again ever?!

rae ann said...

i miss the warm, fuzzy feelings i would get when i was dating. the anticipation of his touch and the fireworks when we kissed. being married, i still get the fireworks but hardly ever... and his touch is so familiar, that the hairs on my arms only stand up if his hands are cold. i'm happy though. i like comfort and knowing who i'll wake up to in the morning, but i still miss the little things.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...