Sunday 3 July 2005

Mommy I want to go to the carnivore!

Spent the day at the carnival. Casserole loved it. We bought him an armband so he could ride as many times as he'd like and he was off to the races. I think the carny people deliberately put the little kid rides on opposite ends of the space so the wee ones will get tired of chugging back and forth. It worked...but only after a few hours! He rode the motorcycles (the updated version of a carousel, blah) a bajillion times and the Gator ride (mini roller coaster) a hundred times.

'Mommy, I wanna go 'gain!!"

And after all the manners we've taught him (the ones he's really pretty good at using!!) he decided that he had to ride in the first cart of the Gator, bowled over two small girls and dove, headfirst, into the seat. The operator had to lift him out and help him get re-settled. I was too busy giggling to help at all, watching his little feet wave around.

He had a hot dog and a soda, then decided once we left that nothing would do but he have a chocolate chunk cookie. (I'm telling you, kid after my own heart.) So Mommy got to indulge herself too and get an iced cappucino - thank God for Tim Horton's.

Now he's sleeping the sleep of the truly exhausted. Tonight my father in law and my husband will take him up to see the fireworks. I plan to put the Rosebud to bed and read a good book. Maybe some ice cream?? Now that's the way to spend a summer's night.

No comments:

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...