Monday 10 October 2011

thanksgiving

That was the best, the best Thanksgiving weekend ever.

My lovely-and-wicked-smart (and they are) sisters-in-law put their heads together and came up with a fantastic way to celebrate the holiday. Bored with the usual, they hatched a plan to get us all away from home - a way to have us all relaaaaaaaax this year.

Barely an hour from home, the spot we ended up in was amazing. AMAZING. 
THIS is the view from the kitchen of our cottage.
 And this is what you saw out the front door.

 And if being tucked into a gorgeous cabin in the woods with water and myriad shades of fall leaves around didn't clear away all the cobwebs and stress, right down the road was...

the beach.


And now I have pictures of my children frolicking in the Atlantic ocean in mid-October.
 Frolicking. Swimming. Running up and down the hard-packed sand and screeching with joy like young gulls and finding treasures and swooping from the water to the sand to where the adults sat with their faces tipped to the sun and back to the water again.

This beat turkey coma all hollow. 

Magical, amazing, incredible. 
My pictures don't do justice to the beauty of the place and don't show the depth of the absolute peace there. I'm homesick, and I can't wait to go back.

8 comments:

blackbird said...

It looks amazing!

charmedone17 said...

The perfect weekend indeed!

Anonymous said...

Jealous as usual.

Lynda said...

Okay, next year's odyssey is in the planning stage. How much will it cost for you to disclose the detailed location?

Magpie said...

That looks fabulous. Glad you had a good time.

alison said...

That's so beautiful! I'm glad you had such a nice weekend.

Suzanne said...

That last picture is stunning. I think you have the right idea!

If all goes well, we will be within driving distance of one of my most favorite places to spend Thanksgiving next fall. If not, I think I might have to convince the other half to request vacation so we can go.

MARY G said...

Oh, my! Lovely and lucky you. And the photos are wonderful.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...