Wednesday 9 May 2012

may the circlet be unbroken

He wore his wedding ring tonight.

We had to hunt to find it - years of working as a paramedic and having it tucked away in a 'safe'place made it an odyssey to find - but now it's back on his finger and it's funny, how something so small, so inconsequential, so unimportant in day-to-day life makes me flood with love and fondness.

He's never really worn it. For special occasions, and whenever we go back over the border, sure. But Wednesday-night-to-watch-the-hockey-game? Never.

And it surprises me how good it makes me feel to see it.



3 comments:

Kristin said...

<3 <3 <3 <3

Love this post.

A. Nonny Mouse said...

I can't think of a time when Mike wasn't wearing his wedding ring.

I love that B put his on again. There is something truly ... almost sexy about a guy wearing a wedding ring. Not in a "let's get together and violate our wedding vows" way, but in a "You belong to the same cool club I do, isn't it great?" way.

Jen on the Edge said...

<3

My husband hasn't worn his in years because it's too tight. Honestly, I was surprised he wore it as long as he did, because even when we were engaged, he wasn't sure he wanted to wear one. The man just does not wear any jewelry of any kind, including watches.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...