Saturday 29 October 2005

kissing Scott

The strangest things can send you down memory lane, can't they?

Cass was watching a Halloween special, 'Alvin and the Chipmunks meet Frankenstein' (or something of that sort) and one squeaky voiced rendition of a doo-wop song later, my cheeks were flushed and I was remembering the summer I was fourteen. I was so in love with the boy next door. He was tall and handsome and was teaching me how to ride horses - how could any barely-teen resist?

He was the longest crush I had, culminating in a drunken revelation at a senior year party that we both wished we'd dated and not stayed friends, and then....the kiss.

Oh! The magic of the moment! The way his head blotted out the light overhead and the gentle brushings of his fingertips over my cheek before he pressed his lips to mine!

And no fireworks. Not a one.

Sorry, Scott.

No comments:

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...