Saturday 23 February 2008

saturday with snow and water

The water is holding. We think. It's hard to really know. The neighbors slightly downstream say it's dropped two inches. The neighbors slightly upstream? Say it's either holding or an inch higher.

Me? As long as the sump pump is holding the flow, I'm not stressing. Okay, so much.

Yesterday, Cass went to his Papa's to explore and found...a sled.

A tobaggon.



So nothing would do but today we must go try it out.

Well, some days the snow does not co-operate. Fluffy fresh snow takes too long to pack down to make a good sledding run.

They had an awful good time pulling it around and laughing, though.
And falling down. And laughing. Falling down is funny in snow.





The view across the road...


Yeah. Those trees? Do not usually live the life aquatic.

13 comments:

M&Co. said...

All that water is kind of scary! Margaret

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Hope things stay dry...

Anonymous said...

argh. I hate winter, too, but at least I'm south of you!

Lily'sMama said...

Wow, that water is pretty high! I remember those scenes well!

Vanessa said...

The sled looks like fun. The swimming trees? yeah, not so much...

Suzanne said...

If you don't want that water, we will happily take it down here.

Your kids have it right-it IS funny to fall down in the snow.

kurrabikid said...

Whoa, that's what I call awash!

Sarah said...

The delighted kids in the snow - fabulous!

The flood - eeeep.

The future - delighted kids splashing in their Wellies?

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Wow, that water level is high! all the best with that. By the way, I linked my most recent post to your earlier one on Barrett's Privateers.

Unknown said...

That water looks damn scary to me!
And I'm so jealous of your fun in the snow :)

A. Nonny Mouse said...

Wow! You weren't kidding about the water!

Keep on pumpin', sump pump! You can do it! :)

Unknown said...

These photos remind me of "break up" in Alaska, where I grew up. Each spring thaw there was standing water - though not everywhere of course.

How cool that your dad also made a "daddy's special"!

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

That last photo is really beautiful, but also scary.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...