Tuesday 5 February 2008

notes on super tuesday

(this will be updated throughout the day) - and turned out hugely snippy, too

* WHY, in the name of all that's holy, is California using paper ballots? Did NO ONE learn from the Florida fiasco? (and, while I'm being snarky - what a coincidink that was - the state where GB's brother is governor had the problem with the mysterious hanging chad votes?)

*I have a new entry for the nuculur drinking game. Watch The View, and every time Elizabeth Hasselbeck goes out of her way to bring up the point that she's not a Democrat, drink!

* CNN, honey. WHY are we watching a man eat candidate head cookies?

* Is it truly possible for ANYONE to win this early? And if not, then why is it called Super Tuesday?

* John McCain and Hilary Clinton both appear to be waxworks of themselves. At least they have that in common.

*One of the commenters on CNN said something clever about Obama and now he's repeating it every.fifteen.minutes. He's all proud of himself that he had something to add to the conversation...I think the other panelists want to pinch him.

*I can't believe I missed all those spoofs of campaign ads!

*I'm beginning to wonder if MSNBC doesn't have cameras in voting booths and a back room filled with teeny tv sets. They're certainly ready to 'project a winner' early!

*Must. Stop. Watching. the Silverman video. 'I'm F*cking Matt Damon' I think I'm going to pee myself if I don't. Plus, now the song...is stuck in my head. And B doesn't think it's as funny as I do, strangely. link
(appropriate for work, I suppose, since they bleep the word. But-funny.)

*So does this mean Mitt Romney and Hucklebee slink away now? Like thieves in the night?

2 comments:

molly said...

How can you stand to watch??

jAMiE said...

I watched a lot of the coverage on CNN. So repetitive...drove me insane but i felt compelled to follow it.

Loved the Silverman thing too, saw it on Kimmel the night of his birthday....what a pair they make.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...