Wednesday 13 February 2008

tell me what you're reading

Jenty tagged me.

Here are the instructions:
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.


I'm reading Matters Of Chance, by Jeannette Haien, a book that's good so far but I'm deeply suspicious that something hinky will happen soon; the young couple adopted twin girls in what can only be called 'weird' circumstances and I'm sure somewhere down the line something major will come of it....

Anyway. Ahem.
Page 123. Gotcha. Fifth sentence. Okay. Next three sentences:

'Before he was fully house-trained. Tessa and I went at it with everything we could think of, but it does still show.'
She came into the room's twilit luminance, entering its evocations.

Prettily written.

How about you? What are you reading?

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

I'm reading Pug Hill by Allison Pace and its fabulous!

Unknown said...

That sounds like an interesting book, I'm going to have to try find it!

Suzanne said...

I'm re reading Anybody Out There? by Marian Keyes. Sad and funny at the same time. I love her books, this is the fourth about the five Walsh sisters.

Loth said...

I am most definitely NOT going to pick up the nearest book because I am at my desk and the nearest book would be "Style Writs for the Sheriff Court Ordinary Cause" and I might make the whole internet fall asleep. I am reading Iain Banks "The Steep Approach to Garbadale" which I have only just started but know will be good. I love Iain Banks.

jAMiE said...

I am boring i guess, i am reading nothing...except the odd magazine here and there, it's all my brain can handle really...my reading comprehension now leaves a lot to be desired.

Your book sounds interesting...

MJ said...

My nearest book to my laptop is Hogg's Constitutional Law. I won't bore you with the details on the limitation of rights re: emergency measures. Let's just say that your book sounds eons more interesting/exciting than mine...

alison said...

Hey, loth and I have something in common. I'm rereading The Crow Road by Iain Banks (I've pitched it to book club and I need to refresh my memory) and it's funny and dark and funny.

My three sentences:

"It was a week before dad discovered the disaster scene in the garage. He never did work it out.

Lewis threatened to tell him, but that was only because I'd been stupid enough to blab to my brother, and then been incensed to discover he'd screwed Marion too, twice; on the two previous weekends she'd been down."

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...