Friday 8 February 2008

a blog was born

I sat down and tentatively worked my way through the start-up area, half-listening for the baby to turn over and start whimpering for her midnight bottle. I'd never been deep in the bowels of Blogger (how's that for an image?) before, and wasn't really paying enough attention, (which is how my address ended up being not daysgoby, but jessalogic.blogspot.com, something I puzzled over for quite awhile before giving up on changing) so I made a few mistakes and had to take it slow.

Once that part was done, I was faced with....a blank page.

Okay. Time to shine. That's why you're doing this, right? Because you like writing, like what you've read so far, and want to add you voice into the mix?

Boy, that page was blank. And big. And starkly white.

Where to begin? Tell your story, Jess. Start with -

What?

-What the name of the blog means.


Okay. I can do that.



Thanks to all of you for being here the past three years.

24 comments:

Angewl said...

Three years? I didn't realize you had been blogging that long.

THANK YOU!

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogversary!

Sarah said...

I've only been reading your blog for a few months but you're welcome.

And thank YOU!

Anonymous said...

well, i just got here...but you're welcome anyway!

Anonymous said...

whoops, that was me. didn't mean to be anonymous.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Wow! Three years? Congrats.

Loth said...

Three years? I'm not worthy! Congratulations! (And thank you)

beagle said...

Wow three years! Happy 3rd Blogiversary to you!

Anonymous said...

Yikes!! You're old!

Cat, Galloping said...

happy bloggiversary! i hit my 3rd in november but i always forget. plus it was started for a much less happy reason.

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogoversary!

alison said...

Happy Blogiversary!!! I'm a relative newcomer, but I sure like what I read. May you have many bloggy years to come. Thanks for making me smile.

blackbird said...

Congrats!

Unknown said...

Awesome and congratulations. I thought you were hinting around that you were leaving...don't scare a pregnant woman like that!

Anonymous said...

three years, wow! so good so far!

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

Happy blogaversary... :)

I LOVE your header, BTW...

Sarah Louise said...

Happy blogiversary!! Mine turns three this summer.

...water flowing underground...

Guess I'll have to go back and find your first post.

I am totally procrastinating at work, 15 minutes to freedom!

Suzanne said...

You CAN change your pointer on here. I switched mine last year. Click on your B in the top left, then settings, then publishing.

Happy Blogversary.

A. Nonny Mouse said...

Happy Blogiversary! So glad you are here... :)

Leaking Moonlight said...

Popping up to congratulate you on your three year blog anniversary.

And to tell you I am a fan. I appreciate your honest take on righteous living.

You had me when you blogged about being the Mama fixer.

Big hugs. And thanks.

meggie said...

Three years is some kind of milestone!
Congrats!!!

Stomper Girl said...

Congratulations, three years of great blogging.

And I think the name of your blog is fantastic, but it wasn't until embarrassingly recently as I was singing along to that song that I went oooohhhhhh... I'd got the this is not my beautiful house thing but somehow missed the daysgoby hee hee hee.

angelfeet said...

Happy Blogversary! So glad I virtually bumped into you.

Poppy B. said...

Happy Blogaversary!

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...