Saturday 4 October 2008

patriotic duty

B craned his neck around to see what I was doing.

'Jess, it's after midnight. Isn't it too late for a craft project?'

I looked up from where I was busily using the glue to stick labels on my envelope.

'Not too late. Right on time, actually.' I folded my paper, inserted it into an envelope, then swiveled around in my chair.

'Hey, honey, want to watch me vote?' I grinned, then put the envelope and another piece of paper in an additional envelope and licked the glue.

'I just did.'

flag picture from here


Thanks to this site and others like it demystifying the absentee ballot process.

4 comments:

kirsten said...

Good on you. I consider it a duty,too. Not to mention a privilege that too many people are denied.

b*babbler said...

Oh, if only I could vote in that election. Seriously. I'm living vicariously through good folks like you right now :)

Magpie said...

I ordered up an absentee ballot for my sick & house-bound mother...I can't wait.

Woman in a Window said...

Rock on - you! We're still waiting for my husband's. Hoping it all comes with much time to spare.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...