Monday 5 June 2006

the shrieker

Ohhhh my godddd.

C was loud today and woke R up early from her nap. So about 6:30 (an hour before we usually start with her bath) she had a flat-out tantrum and went to the bottom of the stairs and banged on the gate, which is code for I want to go to bed!
I put her in her bath, where she played happily for about twenty minutes and then yawned and got out. We brushed teeth, I sang to her, and she was all sleepy smiles and kisses until she realized I was going to put her in her crib. And then her head twisted all the way around and the windows exploded out of my house from the sheer volume of her wails.

The kid has got pipes.

After C's shower, I rescued her and we all read books - then we did the normal goodnight things and then - it was time for sleepy children to go to bed.

Not so much.

She has been in there for two hours, alternately fretting and working herself into a snit, then calming down until...gee, I don't know, one of the cats breathes?...and then winding herself back up to a fury again.

I hate it when she gets overtired.

4 comments:

Angewl said...

what a night. I hope she finally settled down and went to sleep.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could scream like that when I'm overtired. It'd be nice.

My float said...

Oh dear. Sounds like my place!

(Although, given it's winter here, he's much happier about going to bed than he was when the weather was warmer!)

Two hours - don't you wonder how they can keep it up for so long? If I screamed for that long at, say, a concert, I wouldn't be able to speak for two days!!

Washington Crunchy Mama said...

Oh yeah ~ overtired is a very.bad.thing! Hang in there, tomorrow is another day!

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...