Tuesday 13 June 2006

eveningsong

I left work, picked up the kids and sped off to do errands in the midst of a torrential (but thankfully brief) thunderstorm. By the time we were through the grocery store it was beginning to let up, and when we hit home it was just spitting. The kidlets were upset that they wouldn't get to go play in the rain with their umbrellas (ha, says Mean Old Mama, ha!) and whined about the thunder. I was pretty sure it was going to be a long night.

But the skies cleared.

Amazingly, right now the sun is shining through my window, there is a symphony of birds, a lovely blue sky with fluffy clouds, and a soft steady rain just rustling the leaves.

And four rainbows arching up through the sky.

What a magical night.

7 comments:

Tessa said...

What a serene sky.
You need to git yerself over to flikr.com and photo it up!
:)

Joke said...

Wait! Where'd the rainbows go?

-J.

Angewl said...

4 rainbows? amazing! Did you get pics of that?

Beautiful pic.

MsCellania said...

I have never seen FOUR rainbows - a triple decker, but never four.

How are the skeeters there? Or mossies or whatever you call them. We have them really bad here. And dh saw a DEERFLY while he was planting more stuff in our garden today. They leave a welt on me that lasts a month.

Washington Crunchy Mama said...

Awww four! How cool is that!

Jess said...

T and R- thanks! I will have to get you to tell me all the joys of Flikring some day...

J and A - The minute I ran inside to get my camera, they moved on. But it was breathtaking.

V - Atlantic Canada has two parts to summer - late May, June and most of July is the blackflies season (which are tiny, bite-y no-see-ums and not the honking enormous run for your life bugs I grew up with in Michigan (Ricki, do you have those too?)) and the rest of the summer we dodge the mosquito. Fly dope is my friend.

MsCellania said...

Ay Yi Yi! I have been nibbled upon by NoSeeUms. And horseflies and deerflies. I am a magnet for biting bugs.

I had Buzz Away on tonight, and those pesky mosquitoes found every teeny area I missed - like the top of my head (I took off my hat, like an idjit!) and my TOES. ACK!

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...