Thursday 16 March 2006

irreverent christianity

I just put together bulletins for two services. The bulletin for the smaller church has (along with the regular announcement sheet) a flyer and a bookmark, the larger church has just the bookmark and an announcement page. They both have the same cover. There's a pretty picture this week on the cover, ivy on an old columned building, with curvy script underneath reading "I AM THE WINE."

So I put together about forty thinking (every time I saw the cover) 'I am the cheese!' and giggling to myself.

Then I realized it didn't say 'I AM THE WINE'; it actually reads "I AM THE VINE."

It makes more sense that way. Of course, it's not as funny.

Unless I can come up with some Tarzan jokes.

7 comments:

Shinny said...

So how much wine were you drinking when you put these together? ;) That was a good post. I really love your blog and I think I am officially de-lurking here for the first time. Keep up the good work and I hope no burglars try to get in anytime soon. That post killed me.

Joke said...

The joke becomes: "Ja und I am der cheeze."

-J.

Jeanne said...

Me too, de-lurking to say that was pretty funny.

Anonymous said...

You are SO the cheese! This along with "Kissing the Kitties, Nekky Style" has put you in my Top Ten List of Blogs.

--erica said...

my first visit and I'm completely laughing.

Sarah Louise said...

my first visit too, and I love it!

Sweet Coalminer said...

Haaaaaaaaaahahaha. Good call Joke!

To bad it wasn't "I pour the wine" because then you could say, "I cut the cheese!"

AAAAAAAAAaahahahaha

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...