Wednesday 8 March 2006

and they all fell like dominoes

Yup. They're all sick. Cass is on his way to mending, Littlegirl needs to get rid of her fever and bathroom difficulties, and Bear is.just.plain.sick.as.a.dog.

But the whole day wasn't bad. Cass went to the babysitters (a bit tired and cranky, but otherwise okay) and Rosey stayed home to cuddle with her Dada, and I went to work.

(I've been working at an old job I love for three weeks, not the one far far away)
And... they've offered me two more weeks, with the possibility of a third.

Yay me!

The dots on my happy dominoes?

My brother is in in-patient rehab tonight, for a 17 day program. My heart aches for my baby brother, who is going through such a hard time and trying so hard to figure out how to begin his life again.
Being three thousand miles away doesn't make me feel helpful, either.

Thank God he's getting the help he needs, and I hope with all my heart that this time he is able to make the lessons he learns there work in his day-to-day existence.

3 comments:

M&Co. said...

I feel your pain. My house is being ravaged by strep throat.

Peace.

Angewl said...

Jess, I know you feel horrible being so far away from your brother. {{{HUGS}}}

I'm glad Cass is better and Rosey is on her way to being so. Is J handling it worse than the kiddos??

Thats great about the job! You must be doing awesome there, but I knew you would!

Penny Ratzlaff said...

I hope all goes well for your brother. May he find the strength that he needs.

Also, I hope everyone in your house is well soon and that it leaves you alone.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...