Saturday 4 July 2009

two steps to the right

I'm a little wrong-footed today.

I missed seeing Loth on her adventure in my part of the area, the weather will NOT cooperate with doing anything outside, and I'm a little homesick.

Today is Independence Day in the United States, and it feels very wrong and strange that I'm the only person around that has the urge to make red white and blue cake and arrange sparklers and fried chicken.

(But perhaps with that far-off thunder we keep hearing we wouldn't be outside for picnicking and fireworks anyway?)

And I'll have pretty lights tomorrow night. Not all is lost.

Still.....

Some days it's just harder to be a pseudo-Canadienne.
image from here

3 comments:

alison said...

Happy 4th of July, Jessica! Make the cake anyway, I'm sure that the kids would help you eat it.

meggie said...

Belated Happy 4th JulyXX

Helen Wright said...

I feel you! While you were in Canada celebrating the 4th I was in the US celebrating the 1st.

If I look back I remember eating an extra piece of cake on the 4th I did it as an ode to you! ;)

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...