Sunday 25 November 2007

i want to make it feel like home for you, he said

Y'all, my house smells soooo good right now...

B brought home a turkey last night. (No, from the grocery store.)

He was a doll - went on Foodtv.com to learn about brining, stuck his hand under the skin to put butter in, sprinkled salt on top. It's roasting away, along with bread, onion and sage stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn and carrots. I made home beans* and have stirred up a pumpkin pie for later.

I know most of you folks just got done with your turkey (and are probably groaning thinking of the smell of it) but oh, yum. He's done this before and I love it. And, bonus, if he keeps doing it, someday I can sit back the whole day and let him go for it...

And I should get off the computer, so I can help carve. Must tell him to make gravy....









*This is a recipe I cheerfully mangle every year, because even though I have the recipe, they taste NOTHING like my grandmothers. But it's not a holiday dinner without some version of them.

3 comments:

Angewl said...

I am so jealous. lol

He is so sweet and I bet dinner was wonderful.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Makes me wish I was a woman and married to him. Okay,okay, I'll go quietly for counseling.

M&Co. said...

Oh how sweet!

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...