Thursday 1 November 2007

picked by poppet

Texas Poppet, that is...

The Bloggity Meme Of Four

Four First Names of Crushes I’ve Had:

Hugh: This is no surprise. Even my husband knows about this one. He figured it out from the way I hunker in front of the tv on Tuesday nights, glassy-eyed and shushing him whenever he speaks. But he gets the same way about that woman on CSI Miami, so...

Matt: He was the football player. I was the bookish girl who wrote poetry. It was so not going to ever happen. Didn't stop me from imagining it for...four years? Ah, high school.

Bobby: Third? grade - I was new to school and scared to death - he helped me find the bathroom, the kitchen and the gym...then showed me a really neat tree-fort and shared his Fig Newtons. What was not to like?

Bill, one and two: I had a summer of Bills. Both in my english as poetry course, writing from the opposite ends of the spectrum. Bill One - Lanky, dreamy, actor, musician, slow smile, fantastic plans. Bill Two: Shorter, squarish, fiery, doer, fast smile and faster wit. Couldn't have one and decided against the other.


Four Pieces of Clothing I wish I still owned:

My long pumpkin/dirty squash/baby vomit colored sweater. An unfortunate shade of rust-orange, it was nevertheless the most comfortable thing I have ever owned. It had a v-neck with two bone buttons and cuffs long enough to cover my hands. I still look for that sweater in my drawer come winter.

More of the baby clothes my mother made for me. Most of them were water and must damaged, and fell apart when I tried to save them.

My red wool baby trench coat. It made me feel exotic and noticed.

My multi-colored, last-ends-of-wool slippers that my aunt knitted for me, sadly eaten by the previous dog.


Names I’ve been called at one time or another:

Mainly just Jess. Or Jessie. Or Hey You. Occasionally I get called Bear's woman (as in 'oh yeah, you're Bear's woman!' to which I answer 'No, he belongs to me.'
B calls me honey.

Four Professions I Secretly Want to Try: (like, for a day)
Sitcom Writer
Doula
Philanthropist
President

Four Musicians I’d most want to go on a date with:

Simon Le Bon, Duran Duran. Probably should have brought him up in the 'crush' section. Well, my younger self would want to go out on a date with him. Nowadays he looks distressingly like my father. Who is a very handsome man. (Hi, Dad!) But it's disquieting.

Bono. I think the conversation would be excellent.

Andrea Bocelli. My God, that man can sing.

blanking on a fourth here......

Four Foods I’d Rather Throw than Eat:

cocktail weenies

okra

egg salad

venison

Four Things I Like to Sniff:

fresh-cut grass (in the yard, in the yard)

the can of coffee, fresh ground

outside (we get bracing sea air draughts 'round here)

cherry lifesavers

Four People I'd Like To Tag:

hum. Anyone? Everyone?

2 comments:

rae ann said...

i'll be "it!" that'll give me something to blog about tomorrow in case the girlies all of the sudden become boring...

btw... i'm so with you on bono.

Green fodder said...

loved this post...

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...