Monday 26 February 2007

strange things live in the woods

Today was a day for exploration.


Behind our house is a piney woods, complete with hills and downed trees and big rocks and all the things kiddles love to clamber about on.


The first thing spotted? A forty-year old beer can. I wish I'd picked it up.




(yes, I know this is a bottle. I've spent way too much time trying to find a picture. Google Image isn't always what's it's cracked up to be.)

Next, rabbit tracks. Since Cass is convinced the Easter Bunny lives in these hills, it wasn't a large leap for him to decide that the can was the Rabbit's.
Of course, if I was in charge of a world-wide egg conglomerate and I had to live in the woods, I'd drink too. (Happy hic! Easter to you too! hic!)

On the way back we saw this:



(you may have to click on this to make it bigger, but seriously? The best rendition I've ever seen of a tree standing on its head.)

So any odd noises I hear back there? We're blaming either the rowdy tree yoga class, or Peter Cottontail, shamefully blitzed again.

4 comments:

molly said...

So that's where peter Cottontail lives! Nice to have a place to ramble right out your back door....

Anonymous said...

So is the EB drinking the beer?

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

I think your kids are lucky to have the enchanted woods just behind the house. They'll remember these expeditions for life.

meggie said...

I'm with Lone Grey Sqirrel on the wonderful potential for memories. We has a large stand of gum trees we used play in- without approval, which made it even spookier!

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...