Sunday 4 February 2007

boots can't help me now

Hola, mi querida.

Dora was thrilled to be out of the big storage bin - ah, the fresh air! Ah, this world of white!



But then.... What were they going to do? ¿Qué está sucediendo? - What is happening?

¡Hola! Mis amigos, necesitamos hablar... Dora tried again, realizing that her hard plastic lips weren't actually talking and that the screaming was all in her head.


But by then, it was too late. Whirling around the yard, steadily dizzier and her skin prickling from the unaccustomed cold, all Dora could think was...
Mierda. Espero que uno de ellos me consiga un suéter.*




*Shit. I hope one of them gets me a sweater.

9 comments:

velcro said...

who is this Dora about whom I read? She keeps popping up all over the place.

Stomper Girl said...

That looks fun! I think Dora is a whinger.

Jess said...

K -

Dora The Explorer - try this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dora_the_Explorer - Holy ! You mean there's a country that doesn't have Dora?

angelfeet said...

We do have Dora - I think Velcro just hasn't come across her yet. She's not too hot in our house so far, although we do have a rather confusing Dora Scrabble game with Spanish and English options.

Dora should be grateful she's not at the bottom of toybox.

velcro said...

if she's not on Cbeebies she's not watched and I think it will continue this way. She doesn't sound too popular with the parents. what was wrong with teaching Spanish via Sesame Street?

A. Nonny Mouse said...

LOL! Poor Dora!

meggie said...

I havent met Dora either. We only have a small grandson. And he is SO male he would hate Dora.
As it seems a lot of mothers do, also.
I loved this post!

Jeanne said...

My kids LOVE Dora, my 4 year old son included. I don't mind her myself, although the tv shows all have the same darn formula, so they get boring after awhile...

Donde aprendiste tu espanol?

Jess said...

Oh you're sweet! Nope, just some lovely AltaVista Babel Fish translation.

I can barely order lunch in Spanish.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...