Tuesday 5 July 2005

In which I notice I need upkeep

My sister in law (the younger one) stopped by last night to tell me she got a teaching position close to home - that means she'll be able to live in the house she bought last year, instead of commuting home on weekends. She's my age but still single and fancy-free - I looked at her last night, her cute shoes and pedicured feet and hair done perfectly and just had this almost physical reaction. Inside me there was a big ol'cry of "I used to be you! Where am I, and who the hell is this woman sitting here with baby spit on her shoulder, with broken nails and in desperate need of a haircut!" Then I realized the awful truth...the slob who smelled like baby barf was me.

So happy for her good fortune. So plotting for a few days to myself.

I love love love my kids, but this Momma needs some girl time.

No comments:

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...