Sunday 23 October 2005

conversation with my four year old, who doesn't get to see any spooky cartoons

Cass-man: There's a belly ghost outside.
Me: A billy goat?
C: No, Mommy. A belly ghost.
M: A baby ghost?
C: No, Mommy! He's big. He has wings and he laughs ha ha ha (not a spooky laugh) and he plays with me!
M: Is he still here?
C: No. He'll be back. He's my Daddy. No, Daddy is my Daddy! I think he will be my daddy. Someday.
M: Ummm...does he play with you often?
C: All the time!

With Halloween approaching, does anyone else find this umm....odd??

3 comments:

Major Bedhead said...

Er, yeah, just a bit odd....

April said...

Yes, I'd say so.

Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog. I'd love to email you, but can't seem to find your address. Mine is underwaterclownconspiracy[at]gmail.com

Washington Crunchy Mama said...

Not too odd. When I was a kid I had an imaginary friend.

His name was Hally Johnson, he was married and lived in the cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul) but on the weekends he drove his blue VW bug to see me. On the weekends he lived down by the lilac bush. Oh we had fine times together. LOL. I was probably 4 yrs old.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...