Sunday 7 December 2008

one crappy weekend

Friday night I went to a really great party. Lots of new people, great food and wine, a lot of laughing and talking and jokes.

The next morning we discovered that someone had taken everything out of my car while it was parked in the carpool parking lot. Made off with the emergency kit, two bags of (small) Christmas gifts, some stuffies for the kids and all the paperwork for the car.

(Flashback to me, riding in my co-workers car, spouting off about what a nice neighborhood I live in. Such a safe place.) *cringe*

The police said that there had been a call about some malicious mischief, and that there was a stuffed animal found beside the road up a ways. We went out that night and searched for our things by flashlight, finding many - but not all - of them.

But things are easily replaced, so we count ourselves lucky.

This morning B's father had a mild heart attack (doesn't that seem like a contradiction in terms?) and is back in the hospital. He seems to be holding his own.

He would not be replaceable. I would much rather lose the paperwork to the car.


All in all, I'm looking forward to Monday.

10 comments:

A. Nonny Mouse said...

Yeow. So sorry to hear about your crappy weekend.

It seems as though they were going around this weekend, much like the stomach virus we had 'round these parts...

I hope that B's dad feels better soon. We're thinking of you here.

Anonymous said...

Oh that sucks...

Hope B'd father gets well soon.

Anonymous said...

You poor thing. Hopefully this week brings better.

Woman in a Window said...

Everything in its place. We'd always trade up, eh? Always the trade for life and health and special people. Hope he hangs in there. The rest will come.

My best,
erin

Anonymous said...

Hope the next weekend is better than the last one, and that your father-in-law comes through OK.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your awful weekend! I've never been able to understand that side of human nature (stealing, vandalism, etc) and I guess that's probably a good thing. I'm sorry that happened to you. :(

I was glad to hear that B's father is doing well after his heart attack. I've lost a couple of family members to heart attacks. I hope B's dad is completely healthy and back at home soon!

Badger said...

Gah! Hope things are better this week!

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your weekend. I hope your FIL recovers quickly.

Magpie said...

I hope B's father is doing okay.

Stomper Girl said...

OH I'm so sorry to hear about Bear's Dad. I hope he recovers fully.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...