Wednesday 31 December 2008

first lines

I have written an astonishing nine hundred plus entries on this little blog. Over a thousand, if you count the ones I haven't published.

And yet words keep swirling 'round my head.

I started a wee poetry site, just to blow the lid off all the images that crowd my daylights. That should do it, right?

Well, no.

But maybe, in this new year, I can find something that will.

I think it's time I went back to my high school hopes and dreams. My aspirations.


Catch-a-tiger-by-the-tail - all that good rot.

Maybe this new year, will be a start.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

For whatever reason, this new year feels more like a start doesn't it?

Hope you have a fun evening.

Loth said...

Well, all that stuff is proof (as if proof were needed) that you are indeed a writer. Here's hoping 2009 is a fulfilling and productive year for you and yours. Happy Hogmanay!

witchypoo said...

I love that you are taking the opportunity of a new year to make new beginnings.
Here's to your book!
And all of the promise and happiness that awaits you in the brand new year!

Woman in a Window said...

Can you do it? I promised myself but now that I'm on the precipice I wonder. And that second site. Just as I clicked over I thought I best be checking up. And I will.

Suzanne said...

When I grow up, I'm going to be like you.

And poetry? That takes serious smarts-of COURSE you're going to rock it out!

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

You are prolific, which is a blessing to those of us who benefit from all those posts.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...