Saturday 25 February 2006

somebody's been sleepin' in my bed

I make the bed almost every morning. Chumba then 'un-makes' it for me, cozies down, and has a long and satisfying slumber. The other two aren't allowed to go under the covers with him - as you can see, Kate is clearly out in the cold - only Grand High Mighty Poohba Cats can settle under the duvet.

What can I say? They're city cats...


I used to hate to make the bed. Who wanted to take the time when I was running out the door in the morning? Wasn't I just going to get into it that night anyway?

However, when the bed is made? It looks prettier. And stuff like cathair doesn't get on the sheets. Not so much fun to get into bed with a big hairy pillowcase. And the best of all? There have been many less random impalings of tender bits on forgotten plastic toys lurking in the sheets.

At least if the bed is made you can see the dinky car waiting for you to sit upon it.

2 comments:

Crazy MomCat said...

Don't forget the nice cool sheets when you jump in at night! That's my main reason for wanting it made, but it still doesn't get there every single day in my house either.

Angewl said...

How sweet they look!!! Pretty kitties!

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...